Tuscan Chicken Mac And Cheese is a ONE POT dinner made at the stove top, in much less than half-hour!
No more pots or pans to wash up, and minimal work with simple elements. It might be tough to go returned to everyday Mac and Cheese after this! Here’s the element: garlic + solar dried tomatoes + parmesan cheese + mozzarella cheese + spinach + creamy sauce + topped with pan seared chicken = SO MUCH FLAVOUR in this ONE POT Tuscan Chicken Mac And Cheese!
Mac And Cheese
Since publishing this Garlic Parmesan Mac And Cheese final 12 months, most readers have been asking me to create some other comparable recipe, however with MORE stuff introduced. This is the direction my brain went in as it’s obvious how a great deal you all love Tuscan. NOT conventional Tuscan cuisine — please don’t yell at me — but Tuscan from Olive Garden.
If you’ve been following me for a while now, you furthermore mght recognise how an awful lot I twist matters: Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp, Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Salmon. See in which I’m going here?
One Pot Pasta
Although this Tuscan Chicken Mac And Cheese is made in a single pot, the pasta is flawlessly coated in a silky clean sauce filled to the brim with as much cheese as you need! I did recollect boiling the pasta first, removing it, then beginning on the sauce. But I also recognise how tons my readers love clean recipes that you can simply throw collectively in a single pot or on a sheet pan.
For this Tuscan Chicken Mac And Cheese I used Parmesan, mozzarella and a touch of cheddar, but you could use whatever cheese you feel will flavor right with this.
Optional Add Ins
You can upload sliced mushrooms, pork instead of bird, hen thighs OR breasts, zucchini in case you wish, diced eggplant, hearth roasted peppers instead of solar dried tomatoes…the choices are endless!
How To Make Mac And Cheese
Choose a huge pan to in shape the entirety in and avoid needless spillage (some thing above 30-cm or 12-inches, or over 6-quart is ideal).
Sear skinless and boneless hen thighs OR breasts. We prefer thighs in this, but breasts are simply as desirable if you don’t like dark meat.
Use dry pasta… there’s no need to pre-boil something.
I use white wine on this as I LOVE the flavor it provides, but you may add hen broth rather!
Mac and Cheese Sauce
- For the sake of keeping this Mac n Cheese as close to the traditional Mac N Cheese all of us love, I use butter as the base. You CAN use oil if you want!
- Retain 2 tablespoons of the oil that the solar dried tomatoes are available in. You can use extra or much less if you want, however I LOVE the flavour in that oil!
- I choose to apply flour within the sauce to also maintain the Mac n cheese culture alive and properly. It does now not always create a roux, however it’s similar in taste. If you find lumps from the flour after you first add it in, DON’T WORRY. They do in the end cook dinner thru whilst you upload the liquids in and that they start to warmth up.
- When you upload your liquids, stir the flour through simply properly. You’ll see it start to thicken with the heat.
- Regularly stir the pasta within the sauce aggregate so it doesn’t become in one large lump of a multitude. Stir it every minute or so and watch the magic spread!
- For a deeper cream flavour, upload in half of cup mild cream or heavy cream in case you select right before including within the spinach!
As soon as the pasta is al dente (not too smooth), take it off the heat! Remember, it will retain to cook within the warm sauce, and you don’t need to come to be with soft pasta.
Have fun with the cheese you choose, or follow the recipe and use the combination we used. Remember to taste check and alter salt and pepper in your tastes (If wanted)!
I didn’t add a crumb topping to this, however you can in case you want! Just make sure you start in an oven-evidence dish, that manner you don’t need to transfer some thing. Use the crumb from this recipe.
Silky, creamy, awesome tacky….This Tuscan Chicken Mac And Cheese turns into your new favored!
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts pounded to 1-inch thickness (or 4 boneless and skinless chicken thigh fillets)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic finely diced
- 9 oz (250g) jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil (reserve 2 tablespoons of oil and drain the rest)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (sweet or smokey)
- 1 tablespoon oil, divided (use olive or canola oil)
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine OPTIONAL (use chicken broth instead if you wish)
- 3 level tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk OR light cream* or half and half, divided
- 10 ounces (300g) elbow macaroni uncooked (3 cups!)
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheese Cheddar or Gruyere
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, dried parsley and a pair of teaspoons of the oil. Heat the remaining oil in a huge (30cm or 12-inch) pot or pan over medium-excessive warmth. Add the chicken and sear on each sides till golden brown, cooked thru and no longer crimson in the middle. Transfer fowl to a warm plate, tent with foil and set aside.
- To the equal pan, add the butter and fry the onion and garlic until the onion will become transparent, stirring on occasion (about 2 mins). Pour within the white wine and permit to simmer for 5 mins, or till beginning to lessen down.
- Add the solar dried tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of the sun dried tomato oil from the jar and cook dinner for 1-2 mins to release as a good deal flavour as viable.
- Stir the flour into the pot and allow to cook dinner for a similarly minute. Then, upload the broth, 2 1/2 cups of milks (or cream/half and 1/2), herbs, salt and pepper, and convey to a very low simmer (decrease the heat in case you need to).
- Add the dry macaroni and stir on occasion as it comes to a simmer. Reduce heat down to medium low and stir regularly even as it chefs (for approximately 9 – 10 minutes), or till the sauce thickens and the macaroni is simply cooked (al dente: soft however still firm). Add the spinach and stir through till wilted.
- Take the pot off the stove and stir all the cheese in quickly. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce it too thick, add the ultimate half of cup milk (or cream) in 1/four cup increments, until reaching favored thickness.
- Keep in thoughts the sauce will continue to thicken because it cools.
- Slice the hen into strips and stir thru the pasta (pour in any juices left from the hen). Sprinkle with parsley, and stir thru. Serve without delay!